woensdag 8 september 2010

New Kid on the Blog!


My brain and my hands have been itching for quite some time to join the magical world of blogs, bloggers, and the blogees, and today is the day. After publishing half of my life on Facebook, I thought to myself, "Why not take it to the extreme, write a blog!" The reason why I haven't started until today was my fear of not being able to keep it up-to-date. Come to think of it, this is the least of my fears compared to the risk that simply nobody will read it!

Pessimism aside, I'd like to mention two people who inspired me to start a blog. One of them is my dear friend Muge Karahan, who has been blogging for a long time about her delicious recipes at yemekbahane.blogspot.com. I've always wondered how she could find the time to write such an elaborate blog -not to mention cook all those mouth-wateringly-delicious looking dishes- beside her full-time work, her housekeeping, and her marriage. Well, back at school she used to say to me, "Sleeping is such a waste of time!" when I could hardly keep  my eyes open in the schools bus. I am sure I must have given her loads of ugly looks at the time as I love sleeping. But now I understand her success and pro-activity; she doesn't waste time (for example with sleeping excessively); she makes time "for the things she loves" as her blog suggests. I have always remembered that, and will too in the future. Thanks a lot for your wise words Muge...


My second inspiration and encouragement came from Sinem Ergun who also has a wonderful blog where she publishes her film and book reviews. During my last visit in Istanbul we met for the first time after about 15 years, which made me regret the wasting of 15 years not being in contact with her. During our nice breakfast she told me about her blog Sanat Notlari and the online magazine AJANDA http://ajandadergi.blogspot.com/ which she co-edits with Muge. I don't know how much (or how little) she sleeps, but, this, she does beside her work, her housekeeping, her husband, and her son. Sinem gave me a good boost about writing a blog and now she will never get rid of me! Thanks a lot too, Sinem.


Last but not least, dear Paul, thank you for your endless support and inspirations...he is such an enthousiastic person who lifts me up whenever I'm in desperation, with such words as, "...now we can either cry like babies or go on and dooooo it!!!!" Now I went on and did it....Thank you dear...



I wish you a pleasant read. 

Gaye




2 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm happy that it didn't take so much to have a blog for yourself. I'm sure you have a lot to share and tell. I'm very impationt to read them.
    It was very very nice to meet you, hope to see u soon. Love, Sinem

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. My dear ... You'll do better than everyone as you've always done.. Just want ..that's the key point..You'll find time somehow belıeve me :)
    big kisses from us... (also from the tiny one)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen